Search This Blog

Saturday 29 June 2013

God Will Answer

Dear Precious Ladies

How have you been? We thank God for the grace that sustained us in June.

1 John 5:14-15 says, ‘this is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.’

Ladies our God is very faithful. I had a desire to go to Israel for years and years, ever since I was a young girl. I prayed about it for the past ten years or so. I would hear from people who had been and would wish I could go. Sometimes I would watch television programmes and see people in Israel and would say “one day I will go”. Last month the Lord made a way for us to go as a team from our church with some brethren from London.

Israel made the scriptures come alive for me. I was encouraged by the great involvement of women in the ministry of our Lord Jesus. We went to the key places starting from Bethlehem, His birthplace, then Jerusalem, Nazareth, Galilee, Cana, Capernaum, Calvary, Gethsemane, the upper room, and the empty tomb. We also visited Mary and Martha`s place, the wells of David, Jordan River, Dead Sea, Mountain of Beatitudes, Jericho, Mount of Transfiguration, Mount of Olive, Wailing Wall, Bethsaida, the shepherds field, and followed Jesus' steps to the cross. I found the whole experience completely life changing. We could sense the presence of the Lord at each place we went to. We would stop and pray, connecting with what had happened there. We had an opportunity to carry a cross and it was very tough!!! We could just imagine what Jesus felt and yet we had not been scourged or spat on, or slept in a dungeon the night before. The sufferings of Christ became very real. Indeed we were purchased with a great price!!! (1 Corinthians 6:20)

At the Wailing Wall women from every corner of the globe were interceding for different things. I remembered you all who subscribe to ‘Hope for Every Woman’ and I believe the Lord heard us. It was amazing to see all nations gather to pray to Yahweh, the God of Israel... our God! My feet stood within the gates of Jerusalem and I worshipped the Lord. Later, when we went to the upper room we prayed and asked the Holy Spirit to fill us again. He did because we felt His magnificent and powerful presence.

During our time in Israel, we rededicated our lives to the Lord. We also grabbed the opportunity to be baptised again in the same river Jordan where John baptised our Lord and the heavens were opened for Him!! I believe the heavens opened for us too. While I was in the water, I could not stop clapping my hands and singing praises to the Lord. Surely the Lord was and is with us. I came back a brand new woman and understand the scriptures more because I can visualise the places!!

Going to Israel was a dream come true. God gave me the desire of my heart even though I had to wait a long time for my prayer to be answered. As we end the month of June 2013, let me encourage you to continue to trust in the Lord if you are waiting for an answer to prayer. No matter how long it takes, do not give up and be discouraged. God is faithful and very real. He granted my ‘Israel prayer request’. Yours may not be Israel, it could be something else but just know that delay does not mean denial. Calvary is the epitome of God’s love for you, so He will answer you and it shall be well with you.

For those of you whose who have been praying for the opportunity to go to Israel, you will surely go. The God who made a way for me will surely make a way for you.

I love you all and am praying for you.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment